Hip'Safe Airbag by Helite
The airbag is designed to protect seniors from hip fractures. The device is COMFORTABLE, EASY-TO-USE and REUSABLE. In case of fall both airbags will deploy automatically above the hips before ground impact to protect the hips.
- Both airbags are designed like a drop to ensure a perfect protection against hip fractures. They are made of resistant nylon and will not rip at ground impact.
- Our airbags are highly reliable and 100% made in France in our workshop in Dijon.
- When the airbag is inflated, it covers a larger area than a traditional hip protector. It protects all the hip area from the top of your hips to the middle of your thighs.
- When a fall is detected, both airbags inflate simultaneously in a fraction of seconds over your hips. The protection allows a better shock absorption and avoids hip fracture.
- After the impact, the airbags remain strong during some seconds and then automatically deflate slowly.
ALGORITHM AND SENSORS
- Our engineering team has elaborated a complex algorithm able to measure and analyze more than 1000 times per second the motion and fall in progress.
- The system uses different types of sensors such as gyroscopes and accelerometers to calculate motion in context and determine if the person is walking normally or falling.
- Hip’Safe ensures a perfect protection before ground impact : the fall is detected in 200 ms (0,2 seconds) and the airbags inflate in 80ms (0,08 seconds).
- Hip’Safe has a long autonomy : the battery life is up to 7 days. A red LED and a sound indicate that the battery is low. The system switches automatically to sleep mode when the belt is removed and when no move is detected.
- A charger is included with the belt to recharge it.
You can reuse your Hip’Safe after a fall down and even if the airbags have been triggered.
You have to :
- Replace both airbags inside their pockets (read the user manual)
- Change the gas cartridge.
Disclaimer - Airbag Systems Australia
Airbag Systems Australia PTY LTD with the ABN 88632363921 assumes no product liability for personal injury or property damage that may result from the use of HELITE AIRBAG TECHNOLOGY.
Disclaimer - Helite France Manufacturer
Visit our Disclaimer Site for the original Disclaimer, warranty and storage from the original manufacturer Helite in France.